Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Luella

I fell in love with Luella Bartley's clothes when she showed her last Spring/Summer collection, which was a rebellious take on an English lady. It was the collection with which I discovered the brilliance that is Luella Bartley. For Fall/Winter 2009, she did more of a cool, British girl who dressed very rock n' roll. It seems Spring 2010 will be a bit similar to 2009 because it is much more girly than fall. At the same time, it was much more simple and polished than seasons before. I don't believe that Luella is losing her edge at all, I just think she is making it more subtle. The collection was a bit Sixties, and completely amazing. This is the reason I love Luella.

The first look, modeled by Frida Gustavsson perfectly displays the lady-like prettiness that will continue throughout the show. I love the color, the bow, the intense makeup, and the gorgeous lady bag.

Photobucket

Kamila Filipcikova looks as if she's wearing nothing but this cute round-collared coat and it works. The extreme contrast of colors and the shape of the coat itself make it almost innocent looking.

Photobucket

I adore this dress on Anna de Rijik. The cut-out and the pop art print are killing me. The blue eye shadow tops it off.

Photobucket

Recently, I've had trouble accepting polka dots as fashionable because I've seen polka dots done so poorly, but this look is absolutely lovely. The colors meld together nicely. The bow on the top give it that extra punch of kitsh that I love so much. Nicola Haffmans models.

Photobucket

I'm not sure why, but this sweetheart dress on Shu Pei Qin, may just be the cutest of it's kind. The color and shape are right on. I'm also loving the bag.

Photobucket

If I was a housewife, I'd wear this dress that Claudia Merikula is walking in. It's subdued, but sexy all at once. The print is gorgeous. Luella just knows how to get me.

Photobucket

This is another look where the polka dots work. It must be the size of them, or perhaps the mix of colors. Frida Gustavsson looks amazing in any case.

Photobucket

Kate Somers in a ridiculously cute bubble dress. There's not much else to say...

Photobucket

Stella Maxwell kills this...

Photobucket

The polka dots keep coming and my enthrallment has yet to cease. Abbey Lee is amazing. The harsh black eye is actually really cool here.

Photobucket

The moral of this story is: Luella is a queen (at least in my mind).

Prada happened today... I'll have that as soon as possible, but I'm not sure when that will be. I moved into my dorm today and am already enjoying all the college has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment