Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dolce & Gabbana

I have no idea of the order of shows in Milan so I am simply going to blog randomly. I am way behind and would like to cover over ten shows, but since Paris is already here, that's not exactly possible. I should probably prepare for the upcoming surge of work that college is sure to provide, but this seems more important at this point in time.

Even though I was not following fashion when the house was founded (I wasn't even alive), I felt a sense of nostalgia in the clothes presented at the Dolce & Gabbana show. It felt very nineties. Very supermodel. Perhaps this feeling is a result of old fashion photographs, but I'm not sure. Even so, the collection was a modern take on previous successes. A cliche, yes, but effective nonetheless. Within the show was a stark contrast in terms of gender dressing. The show even closed in a suit look. The show was also an ode to South American culture with beautiful fringe and dresses that should be dancing. Domenico and Stefano are an integral part of Italian fashion and with this collection, that won't be changing anytime soon.

Natasha Poly
Photobucket
Edita Vilkeviciute
Photobucket
Lily Donaldson
Photobucket
Olga Sherer
Photobucket
Masha Novoselova
Photobucket
Eniko Mihalik...or Madonna?
Photobucket
Mathilde Frachon
Photobucket
Daniela Kocianova (the closer)
Photobucket

photos by style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment