Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Keep 'em coming: Zac Posen

As fashion week continues, I am trying my best to be up-to-date on the shows. I find myself concentrating on the already acclaimed designers, though I feel recognizing new talent is almost a responsibility. I've also been thinking more and more about how wonderful it would be to learn more about fashion history. I don't think there are any classes like that at the UW. Unfortunate. Anyways, one era I do know a little about is the 1960's. If I could go back in time, the 60's and 70's would be my place, followed shortly after by the 20's. Zac Posen's Spring/Summer 2010 collection was a bit 60's inspired with a bright color pallet and touches of pop art on the clothes. He seems to be stepping back from the world of glamor a bit to enjoy a playful, less mature aesthetic. He started the show off with some fun color blocked dresses, like this one, worn by Irina Lazareanu.

Photobucket

The cut outs, as well as the heart and lips are little details that excite me beyond words. I'm curious to know if those are brooches or actually sewn on the dress.

This maxi dress, worn by Marina Peres, also features pop art bits, but also an interesting print and green fringe detailing. It reminds me a bit of a monster, but I love it.

Photobucket

This transparent raincoat, worn by Tao Okamoto (who also closed the show), reminded me of one of my favorite movies, Dick. It's so delightful and girlish, I just want to skip around in one. Rain or shine.

Photobucket

Designers keep putting Abbey Lee in my favorite looks, and I'm loving it. Here she wears a sexy, nude dress, made less serious with lots of sparkles and metallic gold flowers. It's a perfect intersection of glamor and whimsy in my mind.

Photobucket

Also, I've decided to break up my posts a bit more, for organizational purposes. Not that I love Zac any more than Alex. It's for my own sanity.

All photos by style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment