Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Matthew Williamson

Matthew Williamson is known as the King of Bohemia, always showing a collection of brightly-colored hippie-ish wear for all those it girls. This season was a bit of a departure for the British designer. He took to a more futuristic look, including a lot of metallic fabric and geometric embellishment. Dare I say it was a bit GaGa? In any case, it was still a lot of fun, so it girls, don't fret. Williamson made clothes you can party in.

Abbey Lee opened the show in a blazer and dress. The blazer is amazing, especially the odd mix of grey and tan, and the neckline on the dress is quite pretty.

Photobucket

Constance Jablonski walked next in an interesting blouse and shorts. I love the sleeves and the copper color of the shorts. The shoes are lovely too, with those bows. I favor them over the bootish style.

Photobucket

Karolin Wolter modeled a sparkly silver dress with a cool print. I'd really like to see it closer.

Photobucket

This top and skirt on Alyona Osmanova looks fabulous. The top is geometric and futuristic-looking, while the skirt is romantic. It's a cool contrast that works very well.

Photobucket

Laura Blokhina wears a super sexy suit with geometric embellishment. This looks very GaGa to me. I also like the boot-style shoes better now that they're in black.

Photobucket

Constance Jablonski modeled a beautiful printed dress with an interesting construction. Definitely an it girls favorite. I can see Lindsay wearing this.

Photobucket

Abbey Lee walked second-to-last in what may be my favorite look from the collection. The print is similar to the 2nd Constance look, but the dress itself is more sleek, except for the sleeves of course. They make me gush. I'd love to know what that material is. It's absolutely fantastic. The shoes look right with it too. A+.

Photobucket

Despite change, I was not let down. Loved the collection.

photos by style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment