Sunday, September 12, 2010

Altuzarra

Joseph Altuzarra is a rock star. When everyone in the fashion world has decided minimalism is having a moment, he says fuck off and creates a collection of sexed up glamor, slapping some leather, snakeskin, and breast cups on looks based in satin and jersey. This collection is certainly not for the faint of heart. The dyed stripes on the sides of models' heads will surely resurface on street style sites. I love a bold statement, especially coming from a young designer. Of course, when you have the undying support of ladies lke Vanessa Traina, you'll most likely be okay. Of course, Phi had the socialite-model's support as well and folded, but with a CFDA/Vogue nomination, Mr. Altuzarra might just outlast the brutal New York fashion industry. In any case, I loved every second and that's all I have to say.

I'm sorry if this sounds jumled. I'm writing like a crazy and am a bit overcome with the power of Fashion Week. Also, style.com decided to be idiotic and not mention models names for this show, so I've just credited those I know. Sorry loves.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Fei Fei Sun
Photobucket
Jac
Photobucket
Photobucket
Vanessa Traina
Photobucket
Bambi
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jacquelyn Jablonski
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photos via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment