Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jason Wu

Oh how I've missed my dear blog. Despite the fact that I'm in New York during Fashion Week, I've obviously not yet posted, which has been killing me. I need to have more cafe days, but this city is so go go go. But moving on...

Jason Wu has made a interesting shift in his collections for Spring 2011. I have no doubt that his lady-like clothing will continue to be retail gold, but he's pushing his customer ever so slightly to dress a bit sexier. The designer used sheer fabrics quite liberally, even including them in the few lovely evening gowns shown. The collection also featured a beautiful petal motif, found most often on skirts, but most surprisingly on a bandeau top on Karmen Pedaru. (Quick side note: I saw some chick in the street I thought was Karmen, wondered if she was too short, and then heard a few queens screaming "NATASHA!" The girl was in fact Natasha from America's Next Top Model. Embarassing.) An emphasis on tailoring is another significant change for Wu. He has never included so many pants and jackets in collections past, but I think their inclusion will serve to acknowledge how vastly talented the young designer is. This show also marks his first accessories collection, which includes shoes, bags, and sunnies. Throw in a couple turbans in the mix and I'm in love. I have nothing but praise for Wu and am excited to how much further his work will take him.

Joan Smalls
Photobucket
Catherine McNeil
Photobucket
Lais Ribeiro
Photobucket
Abbey Lee Kershaw
Photobucket
Hanne Gaby Odiele
Photobucket
Alla Kostromichova
Photobucket
Anja Rubik
Photobucket
Jacquelyn Jablonski
Photobucket
Melodie
Photobucket
Patricia van der Vliet
Photobucket
Shu Pei Qin
Photobucket
Karmen Pedaru
Photobucket
Toni Garrn
Photobucket
Lisanne De Jong
Photobucket
Regina Feoktistova
Photobucket
Liu Wen (in petaled perfection)
Photobucket
Alana Zimmer
Photobucket
Frida Gustavsson
Photobucket
Ginta Lapina (in my evening favorite)
Photobucket
Karlie Kloss
Photobucket

All photos via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment