Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lanvin for H&M

Upon hearing the news of the forthcoming Lanvin x H&M collaboration, I was immediately ecstatic, but soon disappointed. As I have gushed in the past, Lanvin is a favorite fashion house of mine. Alber Ebaz's work for the house emphasizes a woman's power, but doesn't neglect touches of sparkle. Despite my infatuation, Ebaz rarely produces looks I would wear, which is the reason for my disappointment. I reserve dresses for very special occasions. I'm not sure why it is, but a crotch brings me comfort. Upon thinking back upon past collections, I recovered hope.

For Spring 2010, Ebaz produced the following looks:

Iris Strubegger wore this fantastic embellished jumpsuit that I might kill for.

Photobucket

Magdalena Frackowiak wore a similarly sparkly piece, which could work as an oversized wrap.

Photobucket

I had forgotten outerwear as well.

How about the long red and black faux-fur coat with a feathered collar worn by Valerija Kelava for Fall 2010?

Photobucket
Photos via style.com

Call me a queen, but that sounds like perfection. I suppose that if I had the opportunity to own any "real" Lanvin, I would wear it no matter how gender-bending it was. Hopefully, the H&M line provides me with someone lovely and wearable (in the has-a-crotch sense, not the not-too-outlandish sense). We'll just have to wait and see.

"And they love each other so androgynous..."

No comments:

Post a Comment